Sunday, July 27, 2014

Maple Chocolate Walnut Bars

At that same barbecue I told you about in my last post, I dropped my phone from all of 2 feet and shattered its screen. Ugh! So rude. So, my pictures were more limited in the next two bake fests. You can find the original recipe I worked from here.

But, anywho, this recipe was quite popular. Like, extremely so. These bars were popular to the point of church ladies asking me to scribble it down, then they made many copies, then had to make more copies because they ran out.

I believe "heaven on earth" was used.

I'm not sure I would go that far, but they definitely turned out delicious! It honestly tastes like really moist, well-flavored Thanksgiving pie. Seeing as how Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, it's definitely a huge A+ in my book!

Maple Chocolate Walnut Bars
Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup cold butter
2 large eggs
1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1-1/2 teaspoons maple flavoring
2 cups chopped walnuts
1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) dark chocolate chips

Directions:
1) Heat oven to 350 F. Combine flour, sugar and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1 egg. Press evenly into an ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
2) Bake 23 minutes. Beat sweetened condensed milk, remaining 1 egg and maple flavoring in medium bowl. Stir in walnuts. Remove crust from oven. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over partially baked crust. Top with walnut mixture.
3) Bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.




No comments:

Post a Comment